Opening an Account
New occupants and/or owners of a location (including existing customers) must contact the office to provide or update information such as billing name, date of occupancy, telephone number, social security number and other pertinent information. This information is captured on our Residential Application and is kept strictly confidential. A method of securing your account will be required in the form of credit check, deposit, or guarantor.
- New accounts (including a change of location) are charged an Account Service Charge.
- After one year of inactive service the District removes the electrical meter from the location after which any service at the same location will then be considered new and will require an Application for New or Revised Service.
- The PUD offers a Landlord Agreement to avoid disconnection between tenants.
- Meters are read and billed once per month. Residential customers are billed a Basic Charge plus energy consumption. Your billing date is determined by your service address. You can choose from one of four due dates by signing up on ACH and paperless billing.
- Customers must provide clear 24-hour access to their electric meter for readings and emergencies. This includes notifying the PUD of any dogs that meter readers may come in contact with.
For information on new/revised services CLICK HERE