Public Utility District No. 2 of Pacific County is directed by a three-member Board of Commissioners elected by citizens of Pacific County.
Each Commissioner represents a different sector of the county and serves a six-year term. Each Commissioner also represents the District as a delegate to various business organizations. The terms are staggered so that a different Commissioner stands for election every two years. These are paid, part-time positions.
The Commissioners set utility policies and hire a General Manager to implement those policies.
Board meetings are open to the public and start at 1 P.M. Meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month in the auditorium at the Willapa Operations Center in Raymond and the third Tuesday of each month in the auditorium at the Peninsula Operations Center in Long Beach.
Agendas are available prior to meetings and also at each meeting.
Board positions of President, Vice President and Secretary are established by the Commissioners themselves in December of each year for the ensuing year.
District #1 - Mike Swanson (Vice President)
- Naselle native having graduated from Central Washington University with a degree in Business Management and a minor in Economics.
- Current owner of Mike Swanson Realty in Naselle.
- Previously owned the Rosburg Store from 1981 – 2008.
- Active member of numerous community and civic organizations.
- Elected to the Board in 2008, and again in 2014. Current term expires in 2020.
- Delegate to Public Utility Risk Management Services and American Public Power Association.
- Email: email@example.com
District #2 - Diana Thompson (President)
- Current owner of Harmony SoapWorks in Oysterville.
- Previous employment included customer support and trainer for Cycare Systems, specialist for assessment with the Portland Public Schools and a Social Services case worker.
- Degree in Sociology from University of Oregon.
- Currently active in the Ocean Park Chamber of Commerce and Water Music Festival.
- Elected to the Board in 2006 and again in 2012. Current term expires in 2018.
- Delegate to Public Utility Risk Management Services and Conservation and Renewable Energy Systems.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
District #3 - Dick Anderson (Secretary)
- Lewis County native
- Graduated from St. Martin's College, 1970.
- Post Graduate at Central Washington University.
- Retired educator at Willapa Valley School District, 2000.
- Business owner, 40 years and counting.
- Elected to the Board in 2016. Current term expires in 2022.
- Email: email@example.com
Jason Dunsmoor has been the General Manager of Public Utility District No.2 of Pacific County since October 1, 2017.
Prior to that he served as Chief of Engineering and Operations for the District since 1995.
Jason started at the District as an engineering intern during the summer of 1990 after graduating from Washington State University with a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering. He then entered the MBA graduate program at WSU and spent a year at the Naval Weapons Center in ChinaLake, CA.
Jason started full time with the District in August 1992 as a Utilities Engineer.
Jason has been married to his wife Kristi since 1993 and has two daughters, Kira, a Washington Husky and Kendra, a Stanford Cardinal.
Any of our management staff can be reached by email or by calling the Long Beach or Raymond offices.
- Craig Kalich - Chief of Engineering and Operations
- Humaira Falkenberg - Power Resource Manager
- Craig Murray - Willapa Operations Manager
- Danny Avalon - Peninsula Operations Manager
- Jim Dolan - Customer Service / Energy Services Manager
- Marc Wilson - Information Technology Manager
- Mark Hatfield - Finance Manager
- Kayla Calabrese - Administrative Secretary / Treasurer
- Renae Powell - Auditor