Public Utility District No. 2 of Pacific County is a progressive customer-owned utility providing electricity, water and wholesale telecommunication services in Pacific County, Washington.
A population of more than 22,000 resides in the 937 square miles of Pacific County where there is plenty to keep you busy; ocean beaches, numerous festivals, abundant birdwatching, boating, camping, fishing, clam digging, golfing, etc.
In the beginning, a public utility district was conceived in 1930 in the southern part of the county.
In November 1932, Pacific County P.U.D. #1 was approved by a majority vote, but was not activated. In 1935, the Pacific County Pomona Grange led a drive for either of two options: the extension of the first district or the creation of a second county-wide district. The county-wide district was approved in a landslide election on November 1936. Business for Pacific County P.U.D. #2 started on March 1940. Lines were officially energized from BPA on October 30, 1940. With a utility valued at $690,000 the District began servicing 4,800 customers.
From this small beginning in 1940, the system now serves over 18,000 residential, commercial, industrial and irrigation customers throughout Pacific County. The District’s ongoing attempt to improve reliability has increased with each line mile converted to underground, which now totals 70% of the District’s total line miles.
The P.U.D. is a slice/block customer of BPA.
Our goal is to provide responsive, reliable and professional service at the lowest possible cost to our customer-owners.